Can Chiropractic Treatment Help with Headache?
Headaches and migraines are two uncomfortable and common conditions which humans can experience at any moment. Whilst it’s easy to take paracetamol and ignore the problem, this does not result in long term solutions. There can be a wide range of causes behind headaches and migraines, and you may be interested to learn that poor posture or spinal imbalance have been found to trigger such conditions. Every individual is unique, which is why it is important to seek out a diagnosis and tailored treatment which addresses the root cause of your headache/migraine.
Here at Willetton Chiropractic, we want to help you live a pain free and healthy life. If you’ve tried everything and yet nothing seems to bring relief, perhaps it’s time to consider visiting us for a neuro-structural examination.
Chiropractic Benefits for Headache Symptoms
Headaches can often result following neck and back issues, but in some cases you may have a spinal imbalance and not even realise it. It’s worth booking an appointment with Willetton Chiropractic so that we can discuss your symptoms and perform a thorough assessment. Even something as simple as a neck adjustment may be able to reduce the severity and frequency of your symptoms.
Some typical treatments which your chiropractor may use include:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Tailored exercise program
- Myofascial release
By focussing on restoring spinal stability and strength, chiropractic care can help to stimulate the nervous system and improve overall bodily function. As such, many people experience noticeable benefits and a reduction in the frequency and severity of headache/migraine attacks.
Tips for Managing Headache/Migraine
There are a number of lifestyle factors which can increase both the severity and frequency of headaches. In addition to following the advice given by your doctor and chiropractor, making some of the simple changes below may be beneficial.
- Get a Good Night’s Sleep –By getting at least 8 hours of sleep per night, you should notice an improvement in physical, emotion and mental health.
- Correct your Posture – If you work a sedentary job or find yourself tossing and turning in bed, you should take steps to improve your posture. Poor posture can affect spinal alignment, which may contribute to the development of a wide range of secondary symptoms including headache.
- Eat a Balanced Diet – Poor nutrition can cause headaches. Eating a healthy diet of fresh fruits, vegetables and proteins will ensure sufficient intake of essential vitamins and minerals.
- Check Your Car Seat – If you spend a lot of time behind the wheel, you should take the time to adjust the seat and steering wheel to ensure optimal comfort and spinal support.
Experiencing Frequent Headaches? Visit Willetton Chiropractic Today
Experiencing frequent headaches or migraine is not normal. Willetton Chiropractic are passionate about helping clients to live healthier, pain-free lives. Book an appointment today to discover how chiropractic care may be able to help you.